Her ‘adolescent me’ allows the flexibility of her mind to freely take over - playing out all her fantasies … the eternal battle between her body and soul - let the fantasy play out…
gallery TEN 2021
A series of mixed media works on paper created during the covid-19 pandemic lockdowns
Images copyright : gallery TEN.
- CONVERS[ISOL]ATION is a collaborative project between Sue Williams and Marilyn Allen, which responds to the experience of social isolation during COVID 19, 2020.
- CONVERS[ISOL]ATION adopts a very different format to conventional art theory texts in that emphasis is placed upon a dialogue between theory and practice rather than an analysis of one by the other.
- CONVERS[ISOL]ATION Each ‘conversation page’ comprises an image and two dialogic pieces of text, which reflect the episodic communication style typically associated with social media platforms such as Twitter.
- CONVERS[ISOL]ATION Reading and writing practices in contemporary culture are inevitably affected by social media and as such the short ‘bursts’ of text, which are characteristic of this project, move between Williams' personal writing/images and Allen's word-events in an edgy contemplation of a lived experience in isolation.
- Image and text - Sue Williams
- Word Events - Marilyn Allen
- Photography - Roy Campbell-Moore
- Sound Artist - Simon Kilshaw
- Vocals - Marilyn Allen