Sue Williams contemporary, contemporary culture, conversation page, dialogue, edgy, exhibition, experience, installation, latest news, lived experience, lockdown, multi-disciplinary, Nature, personal, Portrait, social isolating, social media, text, Travel, Uncategorized, Video, visual arts, word-events, writing 0 comments
- CONVERS[ISOL]ATION is a collaborative project between Sue Williams and Marilyn Allen, which responds to the experience of social isolation during COVID 19, 2020.
- CONVERS[ISOL]ATION adopts a very different format to conventional art theory texts in that emphasis is placed upon a dialogue between theory and practice rather than an analysis of one by the other.
- CONVERS[ISOL]ATION Each ‘conversation page’ comprises an image and two dialogic pieces of text, which reflect the episodic communication style typically associated with social media platforms such as Twitter.
- CONVERS[ISOL]ATION Reading and writing practices in contemporary culture are inevitably affected by social media and as such the short ‘bursts’ of text, which are characteristic of this project, move between Williams' personal writing/images and Allen's word-events in an edgy contemplation of a lived experience in isolation.
- Image and text - Sue Williams
- Word Events - Marilyn Allen
- Photography - Roy Campbell-Moore
- Sound Artist - Simon Kilshaw
- Vocals - Marilyn Allen
Sue Williams exhibition, installation, Portrait 0 comments
Then + Now: 80 Years of Collecting Contemporary Art for WalesTOURING EXHIBITION Oriel Plas Glyn-y-Weddw, Llanbedrog: 7 October – 25 November 2018 MOMA, Machynlleth: 8 December – 26 January 2019 Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, Swansea: 9 February - 12 May 2019